Field-Based Professional Development for Educators
Holbrook Travel's international professional development programs bring teachers to a variety of destinations across the globe to learn about topics such as the natural history, biology, or culture of the country. In addition to field knowledge, teachers can also collaborate and share creative solutions to classroom situations through peer-to-peer exchange. Graduate and continuing education credits are available for our professional development travel programs through University of the Pacific. Our fundraising partners include Fund for Teachers, an organization providing educators access to grants to help fund their travel program.
View their programs for 2014:
- Costa Rica - Field-Based Learning Seminar for Educators, June 20, 2014 - June 24, 2014
- Costa Rica - Exploration of Costa Rica`s Ecosystems, June 25, 2014 - July 04, 2014
- Madagascar - Professional Development, July 08, 2014 - July 22, 2014
- Iceland - Geological Wonders: Volcanoes & Glaciers, July 14, 2014 - July 22, 2014
- Galápagos Islands - Professional Development for Science Teachers, July 22, 2014 - August 01, 2014
- Nicaragua - with Texas Association of Biology Teachers, July 26, 2014 - August 01, 2014
- Costa Rica - Operation RubyThroat East, November 08, 2014 - November 16, 2014
- Check out our listing of US-based field experiences in our January News and Notes issue.