Big Ideas in Earth and Space Science
The Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) describes the curriculum framework for Earth and Space Science Courses in PA. Visit the PDE website for more information about the Big Ideas
- The Earth is composed of a number of dynamic interacting systems which exchange matter and/or energy.
- The Earth’s interior has structure.
- Earth’s surface features and atmosphere are a dynamic system operating over different time periods.
- The hydrosphere contains all of the water on Earth.
- The Earth is part of a solar system.
- Stars have life cycles.